Friday, June 24, 2016

MySchoolYear.com (Homeschool Record Keeping Review)

myschoolyear.com
Disclosure: I received a complimentary membership to MySchoolYear.com through Schoolhouse Review Crew in exchange for a honest review.

Lesson plans are easy to make with My School Year (Homeschool Record Keeping) from MySchoolYear.com. This amazing resource comes as a monthly or yearly membership. It helps to keep track of attendance, lesson plans, awards, events, reading logs, other activities and also standardized tests. It also generates reports and transcripts from the information that you enter for each child or student. It also prompts you with reminders for events and activities coming up, and even asks questions to help keep the plans as complete as possible. You can also set up emails for yourself or students to remind them of lesson plans or activities.

myschoolyear.com

Many of my homeschool friends in other states, have to keep track of attendance and how much time is spent in each subject. I think this would be a wonderful tool to use to keep track of this. It is very easy to use, and I enjoyed how you could set up the subjects or classes that are important to your homeschooling. Then each individual subject tab breaks down into the lessons you have planned. You then mark your student or child for completion, and MySchoolYear.com will calculate the percentage of the grades, and the amount of work that is complete. This makes grading and generating report cards or transcripts simple.

Reading logs are very important to keep track of in the state where I live. I like how there is a separate page for this so you can notate the progress of your students reading throughout the year.  I also liked how easy it was to navigate to what you needed, and that it generates reports. I have my sons do portfolio evaluations at the end of each year as they are still in their early elementary years. I know when I get to middle school and high school years, MySchoolYear.com is going to make my life much easier as transcripts will be needed at that point.

myschoolyear.com

 I think this would make a much needed tool for anyone homeschooling high school. I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I know it is important to have the transcripts and paperwork needed for a high school diploma. I think it is also amazing for someone who has a co-op and has multiple children they may be tutoring or teaching. I think this would help anyone stay very organized as all the information is in one place. I remember being a Teacher's Assistant in high school, and MySchoolYear.com would have made things so much easier for my teachers. I think this would also be a must have tool for classroom teachers.

myschoolyear.com

  To learn more about this wonderful product, check them out on their social media below or click here to try MySchoolYear.com free for 1 month! 

MySchoolYear.com Review



Crew Disclaimer

Blessings,

Kelly

Homeschool Record Keeping {MySchoolYear.com Review}



MySchoolYear.com Review
#hsreviews #recordkeeping #homeschoolorganization

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I am not to high school yet either. I also saw a cool transcript option called Fast Transcripts, which is available through the HLDA store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, The Forever Joyful Homeschool! Thanks for sharing about Fast Transcripts and for commenting. I like that companies are helping us homeschool Moms have easier availability to preparing transcripts. Hope you have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  2. I bet this is great for homeschooling! Thanks for linking up with us at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Charlene and thanks for hosting Family Joy Blog Link Up! This product makes transcripts and keeping records much easier. I am excited to know about this when I move into the middle and high school years. Thanks for commenting and hope you have an amazing week :)

      Delete
  3. Even though we aren't homeschooling, I always love to see what you share with us on the #FridayFrivolity Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Audrey and thanks for stopping by from #FridayFrivolity! I appreciate your comments very much. I like to include some other fun facts about the products so that it is not just focused on homeschool use. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. Man, I really could have used this to organize my home-school records! This looks like a great program :) Thanks for sharing this at Together on Tuesdays. I'm going to share it with my Homeschool Google+ Group, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lisa and thanks for hosting Together on Tuesdays! I appreciate you sharing this on your Google+ Group! This is really going to be an amazing product for when my boys are older and I need transcripts and records! Thanks so much for commenting and hope you have a fantastic week :)

      Delete