Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Heroes of the Bible Treasury - Pictures by: David Miles (Book Review)

Heroes of the Bible Treasury - Pictures by: David Miles (Book Review)
 Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book through BookLook Bloggers in exchange for a honest review. 

My sons and I have been enjoying reading the book, Heroes of the Bible Treasury over the last few weeks. It is a hardbound book that features 6 books in one! These books include some of the classic stories of the Bible including Noah and the Ark, Joseph and his coat of many colors, Moses leading the people out of Egypt, Elijah the Prophet, Queen Esther and Paul. It is a Reading Level 2 With Help book that has longer sentences than a Level 1 Beginning Reading Book. At the beginning and end of each book is scripture, and the end of the book also has a paragraph summary of the main character mentioned and a Did You Know Section. This section is a short paragraph of fun facts such as what the Ark was made out of, or how people celebrated festivals back then. It also has a way of applying to today's life in a way children can understand.

My oldest son just wrapped up first grade, and he was able to read most of the words in these stories with little help. Each of the six books, are about 30 pages long but they have colorful illustrations and engaging stories that keep the child wanting to read. Both of my sons love hearing the stories of the Bible, and it is amazing that my oldest is starting to read these stories all by himself. My youngest who is five, thought it was awesome his brother could now read to him, so we have been enjoying these stories before bedtime and also throughout the day.

I loved that the books had scriptures and real applications to life. It also is wonderful being able to sit together and read as a family about these brave individuals of the Bible. This would make a fantastic gift, or addition to the family, church, or school library. There are stories that can be enjoyed in here time and time again.

I review for BookLook Bloggers

Blessings,

Kelly

#BookLookBlogger  #Christian #childrensbooks #bookreview

10 comments:

  1. That's a good way to introduce kids to faith. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lux! This is true. My boys love reading these stories and learning more about how God works in all of our lives. Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like a good book! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Debbie! It was such a cute book, and such a fun read for my oldest son. Thanks for commenting! Hope you have an outstanding week :)

      Delete
  3. Wish I would have know about this book when my daughter was younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Aileen! This book is from Zonderkidz, but I know Zondervan has amazing resources for young adults as well. I hope that there is a book your daughter would enjoy now. Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  4. What a great book to teach young children the stories of the bible they can understand.

    Thanks for being a Hostess on #OMHGWW each week kelly, I appreciate you!
    Have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Karren! Thanks for having me co-host on #OMHGWW! This was such a great book, and I loved that there were many books in one hardbound book. Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  5. Kelly,

    Thank you for this great review! We are always on the lookout for quality Bible-based books for our youngster!

    PS. Visiting you today from #LiteraryMusingMondays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Leigh and thanks for visiting from #LiteracyMusingMondays! I am so glad you found this review helpful! My family and I enjoy all the Bible based books as well. Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete