Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I AM: 40 Reasons to Trust God by: Diane Stortz (Book Review)

I AM: 40 Reasons to Trust God by: Diane Stortz (Book Review)
 Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher through BookLook Bloggers in exchange for an honest review.

I AM: 40 Reasons to Trust God  is children's book of Old and New Testament stories of the Bible.  There are 40 stories with 40 different names of God, one for each story.  It gives the name, meaning of the name, pronunciation, age appropriate Biblical story, devotion, prayer, scripture, and ways at the end of the chapter to have your child learn more.  Each page is beautifully illustrated by: Diane Le Feyer, and it makes the stories and meanings just bounce off the page right into your child's heart and memory.

I AM: 40 Reasons to Trust God by: Diane Stortz (Book Review)

This was a fascinating title to me, and something both my husband and I wanted to know more about.  We are going through each of the chapters and names of God, once a week in our homeschool lessons with our sons.  It has been wonderful to read this together as a family, and have each of us know more about God.  

I would highly recommend this book to add to a church or home library.  The colorful images draw you into the book, and there is a new way to look at the classical Biblical stories we all know and love.  It would be an amazing way to connect with your children or grandchildren, and have you all learn together.  The possibilities of learning with this book are endless to having it be enjoyed as a bedtime story to incorporating into a Sunday School lesson.

Thanks for stopping by to read my review.  If you get a chance to read this book, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I are.


Blessings,

Kelly

22 comments:

  1. I am always blessed by a study of the names of God! What a beautiful resource! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michele! My husband and I were so excited to learn more about the names of God also, and my sons love the stories and the illustrations. Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Kelley, This looks like an absolutely fantastic book! I am going to get one for sure!
    Blessings and smiles,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lori! It is such an amazing book! I hope you enjoy it as well! Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  3. The illustration looks gorgeous! I love that the book covers the less obvious aspects, like the pronunciation, as well as having suggestions for further learning. Thanks so much for sharing with #FridayFrivolity! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jessica and thanks for visiting from #FridayFrivolity! The illustrations are definitely exquisite. It's a beautiful way to learn more about God. Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  4. This seems like a wonderful book to read with children. A win/win as everyone will learn :) The illustrations look beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Joanne! It is definitely a book a child and adult could enjoy together! Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  5. That's a really good book to have around the house (or school). A good influence to young minds as we see a lot of non-child friendly reads on the internet today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Lux! I love that the book is a children's book, but adults would still benefit from reading the stories as well. Thanks for commenting and hope you have an amazing week :)

      Delete
  6. I love that this doesn't sound like your typical devotional for kids. The fact that they've focused on the names of God makes it stand out. Do you know what age group it's recommended for? From the sounds of it, it seems that even adults can benefit from this as well, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marva! It definitely is intended as a child's book, but I think adults could absolutely learn from it as well. It gives the meaning and the name of God, along with a Biblical story. If I had to guess an age range, it would be about 5-12 years old, but it is a wonderful resource book to learn the names for older children also. Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  7. Kelly,
    I have been looking for stories to do for VBS this year. I want to do lots of art work, but sometimes it is hard to find good Bible stories. I don't have time to write them either. This sounds like a perfect resource - to study and use. I can see choosing a scripture from each lesson to memorize and study.
    Thanks,
    Janis www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janis! This would be a wonderful resource for you for VBS, and you have 40 stories to choose from! Thanks for commenting and hope you have wonderful week :)

      Delete
  8. I just wanted to say that today I took the time to go through your blog. It's incredible. The boys are growing so much. Not just in their education but in their walk with God. It's not easy to be a homeschool mom.. But you surpass them all. It's a hard job and you make it look easy. I'm so proud of you that I couldn't leave your blog today without leaving a comment. You help me to be a better mom. I'm proud to call you my sister. You are not given enough credit by our family. But trust me we are all proud of you.You are an awesome woman of God and my prayers are with you and your family always. I love you and keep up the good work ;)

    -iggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that comment; it is greatly appreciated. I was so tickled to see your name and that you left me a comment. I give all the credit back to the Lord. He is the one who gives me the compassion and strength to do what I do. I love you and miss you guys. My prayers to you all and give the girls a big kiss from us :)

      Delete
  9. I loved having books like that for my kiddos when they were little. Now that they are older I still find them pulling them off the shelf to look at them. Usually I also find them smiling as they do it. :)
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dawn! That is so good to hear! I hope my sons will appreciate the books when they are older also. Thanks for leaving a comment and hope you are having a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for review, I might add this to my son's Easter basket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great idea, Victoria! I hope he enjoys it! Thanks for commenting and hope you are having a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  11. This book looks AMAZING, and I want to go and buy it right now!!! Love having you as a part of Booknificent Thursday!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina! Booknificent Thursday is awesome! Hope you and your family enjoy this book, and thanks for stopping by to comment :)

      Delete