Monday, December 21, 2015

Think, Act, Be Like Jesus by: Randy Frazee (Book Review)


Think, Act, Be Like Jesus by: Randy Frazee (Book Review)
Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher through Book Look Bloggers in exchange for an honest review. 

Think, Act, Be Like Jesus is a 90 day devotional for children ages 6-10 years old.  It can be read on it's own, or accompanied with the books in the Believe series by: Randy Frazee.  A few months ago, I wrote a review for Randy Frazee's Believe Storybook, which is an awesome companion for this book.  There are some of the same illustrations in both books, but they are exquisite.   In Think, Act, Be Like Jesus, each devotion opens with scripture, offers an explanation of what was going on at the time and how it can be applied to today, and then closes with a prayer.

Each devotion would only take about 5 minutes a day to read, so it is a quick and perfect way to start the day for children to be in the Word.  I think it so important for children to know these stories, and Randy Frazee does a wonderful job of explaining the stories on their level.  He offers the significance and meaning behind the scripture and the story, and why it is important to know.

We have been using the Believe Storybook in our homeschool studies for Bible lessons this year, and it is phenomenal.  I am so excited that we have Think, Act, Be Like Jesus to go along with our studies now, and offer encouragement to us on a daily basis.  Although the book suggest the devotional is for children 6-10, I don't see why a younger or older child would not enjoy these devotionals as well.  I would highly recommend this book for Sunday School teachers, churches, and for family Bible time at home.  It would also make an awesome Christmas present or stocking stuffer! 

Thanks for taking the time to read my review.  If you would like more information about the book or author, please check out BookLook Bloggers.

BookLook Bloggers

Blessings,

Kelly

#BookLookBloggers #childrensbooks #bookreviews

 


10 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly,

    Neat site, and I love the name! I was home schooled though high school--which was many years ago. So I love the resources and connections you are providing. Staying connected is so important. I'm now a daddy of three--soon to be four--girls. This looks like a great resource. My wife and I just picked up a devotional book for our girls. However, when we finish, I may pick this one up.

    Thanks for the great resource idea and for the opportunity to link-up with other faith and family bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jed! Thank you for your kind words! It is so cool that you were homeschooled. Congrats on all of your blessings, and the one on the way! This is an awesome devotional for children. I hope your girls enjoy it if you and your wife pick this one up! Glad to connect with you and other faith and family bloggers as well. Thanks for commenting and Merry Christmas :)

      Delete
  2. I wish I'd had book like this when my daughters were young. So much is lost during church - the kids just don't easily associate with the way the stories are told. Stories told at their level would be awesome.

    So glad I found your blog through Literary Musings linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, coach-daddy and thank you for visiting from Literacy Musings! The author does an amazing job with this series at explaining things at their level, and this book was no exception. Thanks for leaving a comment, and hope you have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your review. We're using the Adventures in Odyssey devotional right now but might check it out when your done. I found you on the Literacy Musing Monday linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, foreverjoyfulleslie and thanks for stopping by from Literacy Musing Monday linkup! I love that there is so much available to children for devotionals. This has been an amazing series, and this devotional is incredible. Thanks for commenting and Happy Holidays :)

      Delete
  4. While it will be a few more years before I start homeschooling my little guy, I have already began collecting resources to do so. This will be added to my collection shortly!

    Thanks so much for recommending it all of us at Literacy Musing Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tami and thanks for visiting from Literacy Musing Mondays! That is a great idea! It is wonderful to collect resources and see which ones you and your child will enjoy the most. Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing this Kelly. I am always on the lookout for great devotionals. I will have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jaime! I love that this was has so many beautiful illustrations, and makes it understandable for children. Thanks for commenting, my friend! Happy New Year to you and yours :)

      Delete