Tuesday, December 29, 2015

PrayerPoints: Praying God's Promises at Your Point of Need by: Ken Petersen (Book Review)

Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary copy of this book through the publisher from Tyndale Blog Network, in exchange for an honest review.

PrayerPoints is an excellent book that gives pieces of scripture for some of the emotional, physical, relational, and spiritual challenges we face everyday.  These challenges are listed alphabetically through the book, but there is also a Scripture Index and Topics Guide in the back of the book to help you find these easily.   Each word (or topic) offers a short paragraph explaining that specific challenge we may face, a few pieces of scripture giving peace about that challenge, and then a prayer to close. 

There is over 300 pages in this compact book, but don't mistake it for the typical "coffee table" book.  This would be a perfect book to have with you on the go, whether picking up the kids from school or sports or waiting for an appointment.  It is a breath of fresh air to open, and either study a few words at a time or one word a day.  It can also be used for a daily devotional.  
The book's intent is to help people pray, and to be in the Word.  Some days, we are so lost in the confusion of things that we can't get the words out to pray.  New believers may not know how to pray, and this would be an exceptional resource for them.  It would also be a wonderful resource to an experienced person in prayer, as it describes some things we may not have gone through in life yet.  It helps us understand what certain family or friends may be going through and feeling.   
The cover of the book is beautiful and has an imitation leather bounding, but has these gorgeous trees etched into the leather.  It would be a perfect gift for someone, but it is also a gift for yourself to enjoy.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone.  It's versatility offers something for everyone, and may have just the right scripture you may need to hear that day.
Thanks for stopping by to read my review! If you would like more information about this book or author, please check out  Tyndale Blog Network.
Tyndale Blog Network
Blessings,
Kelly
#Christian #bookreview

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book. I'll add it to my list. Thank you for the suggestion! Blessings to you as you finish out 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Julie! It was an incredible book. I hope you enjoy it as well. Thanks for commenting and blessings to you in the new year :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this book. I always read your books to see which ones I should get next. This one looks great and I love the illustrated Bible you did last month. Thanks for Stopping by and sharing with us at Sitting Among Friends. We look forward to seeing you next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting and stopping by from Sitting Among Friends, Jaime! I love Tyndale! They have the most amazing Bibles and inspirational books. This Prayer Points book is a great one! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  3. I almost chose PRAYER as my one word focus for this year. I really need to get into a serious and deeper prayer relationship with my Savior. This book sounds promising.

    Thanks so much for sharing with the Literacy Musing Mondays readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tami and thanks for visiting from Literacy Musing Monday! That is a wonderful word, and the answer to many of the challenges and trials we face. I will be praying for you. Thanks for commenting and hope you have an amazing week :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you had a chance to review this book Kelly - I also had the pleasure of reading/reviewing this book and agree that it's "a breath of fresh air to open", as well as wonderful prayer resource and devotional!

    The Book Nook at Create With Joy is back and I'd love for you to share your review with us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Create with Joy! Very cool, I will have to stop by and read your review! I thought this book was awesome, and has convicted me in so many ways! I am excited The Book Nook is back! Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a wonderful book! Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays last week. We hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, JES and thanks for visiting from Art of Home-Making Mondays! This truly was an awesome book to read! Thanks for commenting and hope you have an amazing week :)

      Delete
  6. P.S. I am now following along! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JES! I will follow along with you also, and am adding you to my Monday link up parties :)

      Delete