I am very excited to accept this award from Sammy at Sammy Approves. It is an honor when you are recognized for the hard work that you do, especially when it comes to blogging. Much of your heart and time goes into this, but it has been a rewarding experience getting to know fellow bloggers and their passions. Thanks for nominating me, Sammy!
For this award I have to answer the 10 questions from the blogger that nominated me and nominate 10 amazing bloggers to answer the questions I have for them. Sounds easy enough, here are my answers to the questions from Sammy at Sammy Approves.
- What is your best blogging advice? Blogging is hard work, and it takes time getting to know what works and what doesn't work. Keep up the faith, follow your heart and pray and it will be ok! Don't give up. It can be frustrating (especially at the beginning) but it is a very rewarding experience, and you get to know amazing people. (without ever leaving your house!)
- Where is your favorite family friendly place to travel? My family loves Disney. I would love to be able to have a vacation there for a few days, but we live close enough where we can make staycations and go for a few hours.
- How had blogging changed your life? Blogging gave me an outlet. A few years ago, we only had one car and my husband used it for work. I am a homeschool Mom, so the boys and I would be home all day with no place to go. I started blogging just to write how I was feeling and share our homeschool adventures. I never in my wildest dreams, thought it would turn into what it has today. God is good!
- What inspires you? My sons inspire me. They teach me to be the best Mom and person I can be.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I would love to be able to speak at conferences. I have been through many hard times in my life, and I like to encourage others in letting them know it's going to be ok.
- How do you connect with your readers? I enjoy when my readers leave me comments and let me know if a story or a post I wrote, helped them in some way or recognized it as going through something similar themselves. Social media is also fun where you can really get a sense of who someone is by what they share.
- What is your favorite sweet treat? My mother-in-law makes a pecan pie with chocolate chips in, and it is the best thing ever!
- Are you a dog or a cat person? Both :)
- What blogging goal is most important to you? I don't really get into numbers or anything like that. My goal is being able to encourage others, and if I can do that, that's all that matters to me.
- What has been your biggest achievement this year? I have learned how to monetize my blog this year, which is exciting but my biggest achievement is being able to see my sons learn. I am thankful to be able to make some money while being at home with them, and also be able to homeschool them. My oldest (who is 6) is reading and my youngest is coming up quick behind him, already knowing how to count to 100 at the age of 4. I am so very proud of them and thankful to God for all the blessings He gives me and my family.
Now, I get to nominate 10 Amazing Bloggers, and here is my set of questions to ask each:
1. When did you start blogging?
2. How do you balance blogging and home life?
3. What is your favorite social media?
4. What is the inspiration behind your blog?
5. What advice would you give to a new blogger?
6. Where is a place that you would love to visit?
7. How much time do you dedicate to blogging each week?
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
9. What is one of your favorite posts you wrote this year?
10. What is one thing you would like to learn by next year?
Here are my nominations! Congratulations to you all! You all inspire and encourage me, and I am so thankful for you!
- Robin at Lively Little Home
- Saira at Mom Resource
- Allison and Terri at Family Vacations US
- Jessica at Adventures of a Cavemom
- Melanie at Melanie Redd
- Ifeoma at Purposeful and Meaningful
- Jaime at You're Sew Trendy
- Sandra at Sandra's Ark
- Debbie at Bible Fun for Kids
- Create with Joy