Monday, November 9, 2015

Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award

sisterhood of the world

I am very excited to accept this award from Sammy at Sammy Approves.  It is an honor when you are recognized for the hard work that you do, especially when it comes to blogging. Much of your heart and time goes into this, but it has been a rewarding experience getting to know fellow bloggers and their passions. Thanks for nominating me, Sammy!


For this award I have to answer the 10 questions from the blogger that nominated me and nominate 10 amazing bloggers to answer the questions I have for them. Sounds easy enough, here are my answers to the questions from Sammy at Sammy Approves.
  1. What is your best blogging advice? Blogging is hard work, and it takes time getting to know what works and what doesn't work. Keep up the faith, follow your heart and pray and it will be ok!  Don't give up. It can be frustrating (especially at the beginning) but it is a very rewarding experience, and you get to know amazing people. (without ever leaving your house!)
  2. Where is your favorite family friendly place to travel? My family loves Disney. I would love to be able to have a vacation there for a few days, but we live close enough where we can make staycations and go for a few hours.
  3. How had blogging changed your life? Blogging gave me an outlet. A few years ago, we only had one car and my husband used it for work. I am a homeschool Mom, so the boys and I would be home all day with no place to go. I started blogging just to write how I was feeling and share our homeschool adventures. I never in my wildest dreams, thought it would turn into what it has today. God is good!
  4. What inspires you? My sons inspire me. They teach me to be the best Mom and person I can be.
  5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I would love to be able to speak at conferences. I have been through many hard times in my life, and I like to encourage others in letting them know it's going to be ok.
  6. How do you connect with your readers? I enjoy when my readers leave me comments and let me know if a story or a post I wrote, helped them in some way or recognized it as going through something similar themselves.  Social media is also fun where you can really get a sense of who someone is by what they share. 
  7. What is your favorite sweet treat? My mother-in-law makes a pecan pie with chocolate chips in, and it is the best thing ever!
  8. Are you a dog or a cat person? Both :)
  9. What blogging goal is most important to you? I don't really get into numbers or anything like that. My goal is being able to encourage others, and if I can do that, that's all that matters to me.
  10. What has been your biggest achievement this year? I have learned how to monetize my blog this year, which is exciting but my biggest achievement is being able to see my sons learn. I am thankful to be able to make some money while being at home with them, and also be able to homeschool them. My oldest (who is 6) is reading and my youngest is coming up quick behind him, already knowing how to count to 100 at the age of 4. I am so very proud of them and thankful to God for all the blessings He gives me and my family.
Now, I get to nominate 10 Amazing Bloggers, and here is my set of questions to ask each:

1. When did you start blogging?
2. How do you balance blogging and home life?
3. What is your favorite social media?
4. What is the inspiration behind your blog?
5. What advice would you give to a new blogger?
6. Where is a place that you would love to visit?
7. How much time do you dedicate to blogging each week?
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
9. What is one of your favorite posts you wrote this year?
10. What is one thing you would like to learn by next year?

Here are my nominations! Congratulations to you all! You all inspire and encourage me, and I am so thankful for you!
  1. Robin at Lively Little Home
  2. Saira at Mom Resource
  3. Allison and Terri at Family Vacations US
  4. Jessica at Adventures of a Cavemom
  5. Melanie at Melanie Redd
  6. Ifeoma at Purposeful and Meaningful
  7. Jaime at You're Sew Trendy
  8. Sandra at Sandra's Ark
  9. Debbie at Bible Fun for Kids
  10. Create with Joy
Blessings,

Kelly


16 comments:

  1. Kelly,

    Thanks so much for this very kind nomination! I am blessed and honored that you thought of me!

    I'll get on these questions as soon as possible.

    Am I then to post them on my site??

    Thanks so much, and I hope you are doing well today~
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Melanie! I love your ministry and that you encourage others! Thank you for that. Yes, you can do a post on your page similar to this and answer the questions, then you get to nominate 10 bloggers and ask your own set of questions! If you can, come back and share your post here in the comments so I can come check out your post! Congratulations and thanks for commenting! Blessings :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for including me. I am truly humbled by this. I would like to get some feedback from you about some things you do on you site. I have checked out a few of them but have many more questions. If you are available to questions let me know. Thank you again. Also, where can I get a banner for the award?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jaime! I would love to help you with some questions. Just leave me your email in the comments here and I will email you. You can copy and paste the above photo for the award and save it as an image for your blog. Congratulations again and thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
    2. Hey, Jaime. I'm emailing you now :)

      Delete
  3. Kelly, so lovely to "meet you" today through Kelly's linkup! I am a huge Disney fan, too.
    Blessings,
    Lyli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lyli! Nice to "meet" you as well. Disney is awesome! Thanks for commenting and blessings to you as well :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely idea! So glad you got nominated for this award and shared it on #raralinkup. I'll be looking out for the answers to your questions from the other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sun Sparkle Shine and thanks for visiting from #raralinkup! It was pretty cool and unexpected to be nominated. I think it's a great way to show other bloggers that their work is appreciated. Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the nomination! I appreciate it! My computer crashed yesterday, so it will be some time before I will be able to work on posting this. But I will! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Debbie! Oh no, sorry to hear about your computer. Take your time and I can't wait to see what you post. Praying for you and thanks for leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Kelly, So awesome to connect with other awesome mom bloggers like you. I loved your answers. It is so important to not lose sight of your faith in everything you do. Being a stay at home mom I agree, blogging is the best outlet for creativity. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sammy! Thanks again for the nomination. That is the fun of blogging is being able to connect with other bloggers who share many of the same passions, like family and faith. Hope you have an amazing week and thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Kelly, This is a lovely surprise!
    Thank you so much for the nomination!

    You answers are fun and interesting Kelly.

    You know I have been very busy with academic work. I haven't slept well for days. Thank God for rescheduled posts. I am trying to get enough rest..

    I hope to pull myself enough to do it!
    Have a Great Weekend, dear friend.
    Hugs and Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ifeoma! Praying you get some rest and best of luck in your academic work. Glad to nominate you and all of the encouragement you offer! Thanks for commenting and blessings, hugs and great weekend to you as well :)

      Delete