Friday, September 25, 2015

5 Minutes with Jesus by: Sheila Walsh (Book Review)

5 Minutes with Jesus by: Sheila Walsh (Book Review)
Disclosure: I was given a complimentary copy of this book by the publisher through BookLook Bloggers in exchange for an honest review.
 
Raise your hand if you could use 5 Minutes with Jesus?  I don't know about you, but there doesn't see to be enough hours in the day or a week sometimes.  I know they say technology is supposed to make things easier, but I feel busier than ever some days.  This is not an excuse to not be in the Word though.
 
5 Minutes with Jesus is an amazing book that delivers Scripture, relatable life situations and stories, and a Biblical perspective on how to or how it may apply to your life.  It is a beautifully decorated and would make a lovely gift to a friend or family member.  This book could be enjoyed in the morning with a cup of coffee and give you a refreshing start to your day, or before bed to quiet the restlessness that settles in after a long day.  It can even be read on the hard days, when you need that reminder that we have a Savior who loves us so much.
 
I very much enjoyed reading this book with all of it's life applications and relatable context with Scripture.  I would recommend this book to anyone who would love the encouragement it offers.  It is not just a book for Mom's or wives, but I think it would be enjoyed by everyone. 
 
Thanks for stopping by to read my review.  If you would like more information on the book or the author, please click here.
 
Blessings,
 
Kelly
 
#bookreviews #booklookbloggers
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Just wondering if she actually gets into the word in any depth or grabs a verse and has a little cute paragraph around it. I think the older I get the more I'm like "give me something worth learning or being reminded of for the time I'm reading the bible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Sandra! I think this is a nice gift for a beginner believer, because it gives examples of everyday life and a scripture to accompany it but not much depth like a Bible study would do. Thanks for commenting and hope you have a nice weekend :)

      Delete
  2. I love having several Moments through out the day with the Lord. I have several devotionals in several spots so that I can be encouraged by different resources.

    Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marie! That is an awesome idea to have devotionals in different spots. I am going to have to try that. Thanks for sharing and for leaving a comment. Blessings :)

      Delete