Disclosure: Thank you to Poise for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to try recycling my unused period pads!
I believe Poise has done an amazing job making it's products more feminine, chic and comfortable. When I was pregnant with my boys, as with many pregnant women I encountered Light Bladder Leakage (LBL). Any sneeze or laughing too hard, especially within in those later months of pregnancy had me in search of what to do. I sometimes had to use thin period pads so that I could stay dry. It is wonderful that Poise has made it comfortable for women to feel confident and stylish while experiencing LBL.
I easily found Poise Thin-Shaped Pads at my local grocery store, Publix. They were not on sale, but it was still a great price for $5.49 for 20 pads. If you request a free sample below, the sample also comes with a $2 off coupon to try a Poise product!
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
• "Women deserve the best options for managing LBL so Poise brand has introduced new Poise Thin-Shape pads, which are up to 40% thinner than original Poise brand pads and are made specifically for bladder leaks with the trusted absorbency of Poise brand.
• Designed to move with your body, new Poise Thin-Shape pads feature Super Absorbent Material (SAM) and a Thin-Flex design for extraordinary protection that’s still 3x drier than period pads*† to help you take care of leaks with confidence.
*vs. leading regular size period products, where most needed
WHAT IS LBL?
- One in three women experience Light Bladder Leakage (LBL) – little leaks that can be triggered by everyday occurrences like coughing, sneezing, laughing and exercise.
- Weak pelvic floor muscles, pregnancy, childbirth and weight gain are just a few LBL contributors.
WHAT CAUSES LBL?
Just as no two women are alike, there's no single reason that LBL happens. Some of the most common things that lead to uninvited leaks include:
• Physical changes from childbirth, pregnancy, hysterectomy or menopause
• Being overweight
• Complications from surgery, stroke, or chronic diseases like diabetes, multiple sclerosis (MS) or Parkinson's disease
• Bladder or urinary tract infections
• Bladder irritants (certain foods and beverages)
HOW CAN I BEST MANAGE MY LBL?
Women deserve the best options for managing LBL. Whether you leak a little when you laugh, or sometimes have a sudden urge to go, Poise gives you one less thing to worry about any time of day or night. Our pads and liners are specifically designed for LBL, which makes them an easy choice for the 1 in 3 women with light bladder leaks.
FIND YOUR PERFECT PRODUCT
Stay fresh and confident with Poise® pads and liners. They're designed specifically for Light Bladder Leakage (LBL), which make them an easy choice for the 1 in 3 women who experiences LBL.
So, what did I do with those unused period pads? Well, being a homeschool Mom I found it very easy to make them into a tangible way to teach sight words!