Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Beginner's Bible Stories About Jesus by: Kelly Pulley (Book Review)

Stories About Jesus by: Kelly Pulley
I was provided a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher through BookLook Bloggers for an honest review.
 
My sons and I love The Beginner's Bible stories and this book was no exception!  There are seven mini stories included in the book starting from the birth of Jesus into adulthood, and ending with his resurrection that saved us all.  It is a padded board book, so the inside pages are nice and hard, but the outside is softer.  This is wonderful to have this kind of durability for books that are treasured and loved!
 
The writing is very simple to understand and I believe any first or second grader would have no problem reading this book by themselves.  Unless of course they wanted an adult to read it to them!  My oldest, who is five is learning how to read and he knew many of the words in the story.  I like that the writing is easy to comprehend and the illustrations are so lively and colorful! 
 
We do many of these books as bedtime stories in our house and my boys love falling asleep to the heroic and true events depicted in The Beginner's Bible series.  I think this book was their most favorite so far because it is all about Jesus.  They adore the pictures and the stories, and I enjoy the fact that they are getting to know more about our Lord and the Bible.
 
I would highly recommend this book to anyone.  Even though it is a children's book, the concepts included in here could be understood by anyone.  It is a terrific book for family to read and share together all the greatness that the Lord has done.  If you would like more information on the book or the author, please click here.
 
Thanks for stopping by and reading my review!
 
Blessings,
 
Kelly
 
#BookLookBloggers #bookreviews #Christian #childrensbooks
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! I am stopping in from Mom2Mom link up. We have this book as well and I would definitely agree with you, highly recommended! So great this you would share this with everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rachel and thanks for visiting from Mom2Mom link up! We loved this book and I'm glad to hear that you and your family did as well! Thanks for commenting and have a wonderful week :)

      Delete