Monday, January 5, 2015

11 Verses on Waiting on the Lord

11 Verses on Waiting on the Lord
*Photo credit: Lightstock.com*

The hardest thing in life sometimes to do is to wait.  Wait for an answer to a prayer, wait for a result, wait for an answer or wait for the right time.  The good news is that the Lord has the ultimate timing and any delay or quiet does not mean He is not listening.  It means He is working everything for your best interest, even when you can’t see why in the moment.

Last year, my family and I sold our house and rented a smaller house while building a new home.  We knew it was temporary living so we decided to keep over half of our stuff packed.  As the time grew near for us to close on our new home and get ready to move again, there was a delay.  This time, nearly the entire house was packed and we were waiting on paperwork. 

Anxiety hit me hard and I was so upset, because to me, anxiety is lack of faith.  I was so ashamed of myself.  I got myself so caught up in the delay, that I wasn’t seeing many of the blessings right in front of my face.  Thankfully, this did not last long as I realized, God is good all the time.  I knew there was a reason for the delay and I became grateful for that.

It may sound very trivial, but not being settled for 6 months had taken a toll on me.  I wanted to share with you some scripture that really helped me during this waiting period.

Psalm 46:10a “Be still, and know that I am God.”

Isaiah 40:31 “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Lamentations 3:22-23 “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

1 Peter 5: 6-7 “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

Philippians 4:13 “I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.”

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “ Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”


Have you ever experienced a time when you had to wait? 

Blessings,

Kelly

#inspirational #Christian #faith #waiting 
Freebies:


 Free and Fun Activities for The Snowy Day by: Ezra Jack Keats
The Snowy Day - This was an advertisement from The Mailbox magazine but you can sign up for a free "The Snowy Day" kit and other fun and free information on this book and the author.

Good Deals:
The Magic School Bus Science Kits - 50% Off + Free Shipping!
The Magic School Bus Science Kits - 50% OFF & FREE SHIPPING!!!
"A 12-month Magic School Bus subscription to Ms. Frizzle-approved, whacky science experiments delivered to your doorstep for award-winning science FUN - 50% off + free shipping within the continental US."

*This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase.  For more information, please click here to view my disclosure.*




26 comments:

  1. Great post!!! And an encouragement to me as well. Thank you for this very valuable post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mom! I am glad that this was an encouragement to you! Thanks for commenting and have an awesome week :)

      Delete
  2. I always find comfort in scriptures that fit my current situations...Thank you for sharing these with us at The Mommy Monday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Mrs. Tee! Thanks for hosting Mommy Monday Blog Hop and for commenting! Have a blessed week :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for posting to Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting Motivation Monday, Barb! Have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  4. Waiting is so hard for me, too! Thank you for all the great verses to remind me that waiting is a virtue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think waiting is one of the hardest things because we have no control over it! Thanks for commenting, Susan and have an awesome week! :)

      Delete
  5. These are a great list of verses - so many that I've read time and again, and yet *still* appreciate the reminder. Thank you for linking up at Grace and Truth. We look forward to getting to know you better! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebekah and thanks for hosting Grace and Truth! It is good to be still at times and appreciate the wait. So many times we tend to want to make things happen faster and don't hear what God is trying to tell us. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and looking forward to getting to know everyone better also :)

      Delete
  6. So true, waiting is the hardest! thank you for these verses that remind us to take some "time out" for the Lord and wait on HIM

    @spreadingJOY
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Marie! I had to share these verses because it truly helped me during this time and hope it will help others also. Thanks for commenting and have a blessed week :)

      Delete
  7. You have two of my very favorite verses, Philippians 4:6 and Proverbs 3:5-6, in your list! Waiting is very hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are excellent verses, Jean! Proverbs 3:5-6 is my absolute favorite verse. It is the best definition of faith. I agree; waiting is very hard! Thanks for commenting and have a blessed week :)

      Delete
  8. Yes, it can be so hard to wait. Thanks for this encouraging post and especially for all the Scripture verses. Romans 8:28 is my personal favorite Bible verse. :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hopetoinspireyou! I loved being able to reflect on these verses and I had to share in hopes to help others as well! Romans 8:28 is a great verse, I agree! Thanks for commenting and have a blessed week :)

      Delete
  9. Waiting and trusting are the hardest things ever for me. I prefer making a decision and just doing it, no matter if it's a good decision or a really bad one. Just anything so I don't need to wait. And so God has been teaching me a lot about waiting. It's hard but it has taught me about His grace and love in a very new way also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ecuador InMyEyes. Waiting is probably one of the hardest things to do but I'm glad that you have seen God's grace and love in this. I think this is why we are put into situations of waiting sometimes, so that He can show us how much He loves us and that His plan is the best way, even when we can't see it. Thanks for commenting and have a blessed week :)

      Delete
  10. Waiting can be hard at times. Thank God for scriptures on waiting. Meditating on them helps us to endure period of long waits. #bloggercaregroup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Misty! I agree, these scriptures helped me immensely and I was so very thankful. Thanks for commenting and have a blessed week :)

      Delete
  11. Seeing those verses listed in one place gave them a fresh meaning for me. Thanks for taking the time to encourage others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Clarissa and thanks for stopping by. I enjoy encouraging others so I am glad this was helpful to you! Thanks for commenting and have a wonderful week :)

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the encouragement. I am waiting on some answers from God and these verses are fantastic as I wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cassandra! I am glad these verses were able to help you. Waiting is one of the hardest things to do. Praying everything goes well for you. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  13. I am not a big fan of waiting either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Indah! It definitely is, but it is so worth the wait! Thanks for commenting and hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete