Wednesday, December 17, 2014

My Husband is My Best Friend

 My Husband is My Best Friend
*Photo credit: Lightstock.com*
         Keith was new in town and started working at a local restaurant.  Here he met Maria, a girl he found out went to his high school and was friends with his sister.  He became very curious about Maria and as they got to know each other more, the two became the best of friends.  They learned to laugh and make jokes and no matter what they did, they always had grand adventures.  It would take a year for Keith to work up enough nerve to ask Maria out.  What if she said no?  What if they didn’t have their fun adventures anymore?

       Thankfully, Maria said yes and was astonished at the fact that they would become more than friends.  The couple would go on to senior prom together and the two were inseparable.  That was, until the following year when Maria went on to college; a step Keith was not quite ready for.  Though their relationship did not survive during college, their friendship did.  The two would always find themselves calling each other or trying to catch up with one another for coffee or dinner.

            Keith moved out of state to go help take care of his grandmother and on his return, found that Maria had also moved to a different state.  Still, their friendship lasted.  It was not until Maria came to visit one year with a group of friends and a man she was seeing, did Keith realize what he wanted.  After seeing Maria leave, he prayed to the Lord.  He realized after many years of friendship that he wanted Maria to be his wife.

            It would take another year for this to happen.  Through hardships, moves, careers, and other relationships, Maria and Keith’s friendship stood the test of love and faith.  Today, Maria and Keith have two sons and are still continuing their grand adventures!
I am happy to say that my husband and I celebrate six years of marriage this month.  If you haven’t guessed already, we are Maria and Keith.  The Lord has been very good to us and let us grow up and live our lives, but we did it as friends.  I could not imagine my life without him and I still feel like that 16 year old girl every time I see him!  Now, 14 years later we are adults and parents; he is not only the love of my life, but also my best friend.
I am glad that we got to know each other before we started dating.  We have seen each other at our worst and I know the best is still yet to come.  Our favorite verse as a couple is:
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 
We both knew someday we would be married.  It just took us a while to get there.  We know now that this was God’s will in our lives and we wouldn’t have had it any other way.
 
Come take a stroll down memory lane with me and let us know how you met your spouse, or what your favorite Bible verse as a married couple is.


This post originally appeared as a guest post on Satisfaction Through Christ on December 17, 2014 here.

Blessings,

Kelly

#marriage #inspiration

12 comments:

  1. Glad I found you through the shine blog hop this week.. going to check out your guest post now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting from #SHINEbloghop, WorkingMomMagic! Hope you enjoy the rest of the article! Blessings :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! Hope you enjoy the rest of the article! Have an awesome weekend :)

      Delete
  3. I love this Kelly. Rev and I met our first year in college, 46 years ago. Yes, we started college when we were five! :-) He is still my best friend and the love of my life. I am so thankful the Lord blessed my life with him. Thanks for sharing your beautiful love story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! That is so wonderful and congratulations on being married to your best friend and love for 46 years! That is truly beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)

      Delete
  4. I can tell by the title that I am going to love this post. Heading over to read it now... ~Heather @ My Overflowing Cup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! I hope you enjoy the post! Merry Christmas and thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for posting to Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, Barb! Have a Happy New Year :)

      Delete
  6. Today, my husband & I celebrate 28 years of marriage! We met while both of us were working at a Burger King in a mall! Thankful for God's blessings through the years. We dated for four years before getting married, and have been blessed with three children. Thanks for sharing your story. Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Anniversary and congratulations on 28 years of marriage and on three children! God is so good! Thank you for reading my story and for leaving a comment. Blessings to you as well and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

      Delete