Saturday, September 6, 2014

Homemade Grandparents Day Cards

 
There is a little secret I have to share!  I love sending cards!  This is probably not a secret to any of my family or friends, but I love sending cards.  I want to pass this on to my boys so I decided, what's better than a homemade card?  For those of you who don't know, tomorrow is Grandparent's Day!
 
Homemade Grandparent's Day Cards
 
Items Needed:
  • Card Stock
  • Green Pipe Cleaners
  • Pom Poms
  • Gluestick
  • Scissors
  • Pen

First, fold the cardstock in half and cut it.  Then take the half of cardstock and fold it so it looks like a card.

Next, you are going to cut the green pipe cleaners into pieces so it looks like a stem of a plant.  We learned about Creation this week, so this was a lot of fun for my sons!
 
Then, glue the pipe cleaners onto the cardstock (you may have to press firmly down so they will stick.)  Next, add your color choice of Pom Poms for the flowers.

 
On the inside, make a little note or have your child write a note to their Grandparents.
 
I wrote two different poems and please feel free to use them:
 
For the blue colored flowers:
These are flowers
blue and true
They are homemade
just for you
All so that we can say
Happy Grandparents Day!
 
Love,
 
For the green colored flowers:
These are flowers
green and bright
They grow
from the sunlight
Warm and loving
just like you
They want to wish you
a Happy Grandparent's Day, too!
 
Love,
 
Hope that you can enjoy an afternoon making cards with your kids!  Wishing all the grandparents a Happy Grandparent's Day!
 
Blessings,
 
Kelly
 
#crafts #GrandparentsDay
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I'll have to remind my kids to text their grandparents tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shecki! Sounds great! Have an amazing week and thanks for commenting :)

      Delete