Monday, March 3, 2014

Genesis 37,39,40-41; 2 Field Trips ( Zoo and Surprise trip); and Number 15 (Week of 2-24-2014)

It was a busy week for this homeschool Momma!  Had a Children's meeting at our church for our summer VBS camp and we had 2 field trips this week plus hanging out with cousins and a spring picnic at church!  Here's our week:
 
Monday:
Trip to the zoo.  We did ABCmouse.com in the morning and G did letter E and the number 3.  B did squares and secondary colors.  The boys counted how many animals were in each area as we passed and we took pictures of animals with secondary colors.  We did lots of walking around and at the end the boys got to enjoy splashing through the water spouts.  Here are some pictures!

Learning how to read a map!  Great geography lesson ;)

Yellow poisonous frog

Yay!  Secondary color: purple frog!

Another secondary color: blue frog!

 
Another purple animal (or fish!) found.
 

The boys thought this was amazing!  They got to pet the goats and this one looked like a billy goat from the Three Billy Goats Gruff!  Talk about a story coming to life!

Hue pot bellied pig and some goats at the barn.

My youngest a little hesitant to touch the goat but they were all very friendly goats.
 
 
My dad has lots of birds in his house.  He would have loved this so we're going to take him to the zoo next time he visits!
 
Puma

 
My husband snapped this photo of me and my youngest.  Priceless!
 

My silly boy :)

Fun with the water spouts!  And once the boys went in, all these kids started to go in too so they met a lot of new friends!  Who says homeschooled kids aren't socialized?
 
Tuesday:
 
 
My youngest colored a picture of a Zoo and Zebra and my oldest colored, cut, and pasted a worksheet on the number 15.  We counted from 1-15 and my youngest surprised me because he can count from 1-11 by himself!  I also taught them how to count on their fingers to help show one to one ratio.
 
We painted our secondary animal colors and animals we saw at the zoo.
 
Writing:
l, o, t, fifteen, 15
 
Reading:
"Joseph the Dreamer: Joseph and His brothers (Genesis 37) and Joseph and Potiphar's Wife (Genesis 39).  Lesson was doing what is right, even if you have to suffer because turns bad into good.  1 Peter 3:14 "But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” 
"Johnny Appleseed" by: Steven Kellogg
"Llama Llama Holiday Drama" by: Anna Dewdney
"I am not Going to get up Today" by: Dr. Seuss
 
Lesson 32 in "100 Easy Lessons" (new words: duck, win, will, with, feel)
 
We also played a "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" matching game.
 
Wednesday:
 
Awanas homework was reading about Noah and how God keeps promises.  The verse this week was Psalm 4:8 "I will Lie down And sleep in peace, For You alone, O Lord, Make me dwell in safety."  The boys didn't take naps though so they went to sleep early and missed Awanas but they are ready for this week!
 
Reading:
"Joseph the Dreamer: Joseph is Set Free" (Genesis 40-41). Joseph deciphers pharaoh's dream and pharaoh puts him in charge of the whole land of Egypt.
 
G read half of Dr. Seuss "I am not Going to get up Today" with me because it has a lot of his sight words he knows.  I am amazed that he is reading so well and that he knows his words!  So proud of both of my boys!
My youngest on ABCmouse.com and yes, we are homeschoolers so he is in his jammies!  He worked on Letter F and older brother worked on Letter T.
 
Thursday:
 
Reading:
"Make Way for Ducklings" by: Robert McCloskey
"Toy Story: The Gang" by: Kristen L. Depken
B "read" "Little Red Riding Hood" by: Dubravka Kohanovic to me and G.  I've read this story so many time that he has memorized it and can read it to his little brother!
 
We went out for a walk with our dog and found that no one was in the back of our neighborhood so we played football and ran around.  It looks like fall here doesn't it?
 
We also got to socialize and the boys love talking to everyone so we got to talk to our neighbors.  I am a shy person until I get to know people but my boys just love talking to everyone about their day!
 
We got home and played Hungry Hippos and then we were also blessed with a five week free trial from Reading Eggs on the computer so they did letters b and c, and the words at, mat and cat.
 
 Friday:
 
The boys had cousins sleep over and Grandma and Grandpa stopped by with some awesome Despicable Me cupcakes for Daddy's birthday last week.  We built forts, played Monopoly, played outside, and watched movies!
 
We had a very special field trip planned today with my sister and her family but I can't spill the beans yet!  I will be featured on Mom it Forward Blog (http://momitforward.com/) next Friday, March 7th and I wrote an article on our day so please come and check it out!  I am truly honored and blessed that they allowed me to guest blog and it is actually my first guest blog so it would be wonderful to let me know what you think!
 
Thanks for joining us in our week and hope you have a blessed week :)
 
Kelly
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment