Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Day of School!

Yesterday, (August 20, 2013) was our first day of school and it was a wonderful day!  I really did not know how this would effect me or the boys but it turned out to be better than I could have ever imagined!  We worked on the letter A (writing it the sound of A (phonics) and did a cut and paste activity of an apple and there were pictures that started with A and that didn't and B did great figuring that out!  We read "The Apple Pie Tree" book and sang "Apple, Apple on the Tree" to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." We also worked on writing the number 1 and B was able to circle all the 1's in a Number Hunt.  We also did another cut and paste activity for the number 1.  B enjoys these and it helps him work on his motor skills.  We also attempted Lesson 1 in 100 Easy Lessons book but we need to go over that again another day.

I will try and post to keep myself up-to-date here with what we are doing in addition to all the plans that are in my teacher planner book but here are some first day, priceless first day of school pictures:

 
Here is my big boy 4 year old on his first homeschool day of Pre-K!  He was so excited and into all the learning!

 
Here is my big boy 2 1/2 year old wanting to keep up with brother and doing such a great job!


 
Working on the letter A!

 
Had to get a picture of both of them together on the first day!  This was after all the learning was done and it was back to play time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment